This is a news release from Nissan North America
Nissan Group set an April record with total sales (Nissan & Infiniti) of 109,848, an increase of 5.7 percent over the previous April.
- Nissan Division also set an April record at 99,869 sales in the month, an increase of 5.4 percent.
- Infiniti finished the month with a sales increase of 8.8 percent to 9,976.
“Nissan's new Rogue and Murano crossovers couldn't have launched at a better time. New car buyers continue to shift to crossovers, driving Nissan's overall light truck sales up 24 percent and the company's best-ever April performance,” said Fred Diaz, senior vice president, Nissan U.S. Sales & Marketing and Operations.
Nissan Mississippi-built highlights:
- Overall sales of Nissan crossovers, trucks and SUVs set an April record, up 23.7 percent.
- Nissan Rogue sales were up 44.5 percent to 21,767, setting an April record.
- Sales of the Murano crossover, all-new since December 2014, increased 72.9 percent to 4,121.
- Sales of the NV were up 2.1 percent to 1,396 units.
- Nissan Titan sales jumped 8.6 percent to 1,038 units.
- Armada sales increased 31.9 percent to 1,198 units.
- Sales of the Nissan Frontier increased 2.3 percent to 5,827 units.