April 24 forecast, overnight severe weather possible - WDAM-TV 7-News, Weather, Sports-Hattiesburg, MS

April 24 forecast, overnight severe weather possible

This afternoon has been a bit cloudier than anticipated. Even a few wayward rain showers passing by, too.

We are still looking at the chance for a few severe storms overnight tonight across the entire area. Coverage of rain and thunderstorms won't be great. In fact, some of us may actually stay dry tonight. The window is still looking like 11pm tonight through 5am tomorrow morning. If storms can stay isolated and away from each other they will have a better chance at becoming stronger.

The main threats for tonight at heavy rain, gusty wind and frequent lightning. If storms can stay isolated and become severe, they will also produce some hail up to the size of quarters and a tornado will be possible.


The only thing that is different is the chance that you see a severe storm or a tornado is lower... But the chance that the severe storm or tornado is stronger, is higher. I hope that makes sense. So, instead of a 70% chance you see a bunch of normal "severe" storms... there is now a 30% chance you see a stronger "severe" storm.

In the end, keep your NOAA Weather Radio handy tonight and into tomorrow morning. 

  • Local NewsLOCALMore>>

  • Civil rights icon Ruby Bridges Hall: Ban assault weapons

    Civil rights icon Ruby Bridges Hall: Ban assault weapons

    Thursday, February 22 2018 11:14 PM EST2018-02-23 04:14:23 GMT
    Saturday, February 24 2018 9:31 PM EST2018-02-25 02:31:37 GMT
    (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite, File). FILE - In this June 25, 2013 file photo, Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., accompanied by fellow members of the Congressional Black Caucus express disappointment in the Supreme Court's decision on Shelby County v. Holder tha...(AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite, File). FILE - In this June 25, 2013 file photo, Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., accompanied by fellow members of the Congressional Black Caucus express disappointment in the Supreme Court's decision on Shelby County v. Holder tha...
    Longtime U.S. Rep John Lewis of Georgia is one of five people who are going to be honored for their work to advance civil rights.More >>
    Longtime U.S. Rep John Lewis of Georgia is one of five people who are going to be honored for their work to advance civil rights.More >>
  • Annual Black Heritage Parade held in Collins

    Annual Black Heritage Parade held in Collins

  • Annual encampment raises funds to preserve John Ford Home

    Annual encampment raises funds to preserve John Ford Home

Powered by Frankly