FORREST COUNTY, MS (WDAM) - Forrest County homeowners have until April 1 to sign up for homestead exemption.
The sign-up rules do not apply to people who received the exemption last year, and had no change in their status or exemption.
If any of the following changes occurred during 2014, a new application is required.
- Change in ownership
- Purchase of new home
- Got married
- If you are 100% disabled veteran (service connected) bring proof
- Divorced or deceased spouse. Bring divorce papers or death certificate
- If either owner had a 65th birthday in 2014. Driver license or birth certificate required. (one per household)
- If either owner became totally disabled. Bring social security disability papers stating date disability was approved. (one per household)
- Bring list of all current Forrest County car tags (all tags Forrest County)
The homestead office is located on the second floor of the Forrest County Tax Services Building, 601 N Main Street. The office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.