An explosion damaged a wall at Cleanearth, Inc. Wednesday morning.
HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM) -
No one was injured when a piece of machinery malfunctioned and exploded at a medical waste treatment facility outside of Hattiesburg Wednesday morning. Forrest General Hospital owns the company called Cleanearth, Inc. on Wesley Grant Road.
Hospital officials say a rotoclave system experienced a failure and exploded around 10 a.m. A wall was damaged, but nobody was hurt.
Forrest County Emergency Management is helping with the clean-up.
Hospital officials have not released any details on why the explosion occurred or when repairs will be completed.