This is a news release from WalletHub
With Fourth of July just around the corner and holiday spending expected to rise significantly compared to 2013, the leading personal finance social media network WalletHub today announced its rankings for 2014's Best & Worst Cities for 4th of July Celebrations.
With cost-effective festivities in mind, WalletHub compared the 100 largest cities in the United States based on how well they balance cost and fun. We used 14 key metrics to explore a number of different factors, including the number of food establishments, fireworks laws, attractions, weather and more in each city. By doing so, consumers planning to travel for the Fourth can effectively plan their celebrations while spending less. Below is a brief overview of our findings.
- Jersey City, NJ, has 120 times more accommodation and food services establishments per capita than Laredo, TX.
- The price of a three-star hotel room is six times higher in Virginia Beach, VA, than in Glendale, AZ or Jacksonville, FL.
- In cities such as Richmond, VA, Cleveland, OH, Kansas City, MO, Indianapolis, IN, the traffic congestion is 3.5 times lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- New York's walking score is four times better than Chesapeake, VA's.
- Cleveland, OH, has 42 times more public swimming pools per capita than Forth Worth, TX.