WAYNE COUNTY, MS (WDAM) - This is a news release from FEMA
A disaster recovery center is now open in Wayne County to assist Mississippi residents affected by the severe storms, tornadoes and flooding from April 28 to May 3.
The disaster recovery center will be open every day from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. until further notice and is located at:
City #4 Voting Precinct Building
810 Chickasawhay Street
Waynesboro, MS 39367
Specialists from the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the U.S. Small Business Administration will be on hand to answer questions. Survivors will be able to:
- Discuss their individual disaster-related needs.
- Submit any additional documentation needed, such as occupancy or ownership verification documents and letters from insurance companies.
- Find out the status of an application.
- Obtain information about different types of state and federal assistance.
- Get help from SBA specialists in completing low-interest disaster loan applications for homeowners, renters and business owners.
- Receive referrals to the American Red Cross and other voluntary organizations to help with immediate disaster-related needs.
800-621-3362. Survivors who are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech disability can call
Disaster assistance may include money to help pay for temporary housing and essential home repairs. Low-interest SBA loans may also be available for losses not covered by insurance or other sources.