FORREST COUNTY, MS (WDAM) - Today's Midday Guest was Scot Morrison from the FCAHS alumni association.
This is a news release from FCAHS
Forrest County Agricultural High School (FCAHS) was created in 1911 by an act of the Mississippi Legislation as an Agricultural Boarding School located on 320 acres of donated land.
Students from across Mississippi, the United States and several foreign countries have been educated here. In 1996, the school was listed as a Mississippi landmark by the historical society.
Today, FCAHS serves students in grades 9 through 12.
The original purpose of the FCAHS was "to offer boys and girls such training as will prepare them to be happy and useful citizens, community builders, and homemakers.
Homecomings had been held almost from the beginning of the school. In May 1934, the Forrest County Agricultural High School Alumni Association was organized. In 1941, when many boys left FCAHS to fight in World War II, the annual homecoming was suspended for the duration of the war.