Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW YORK, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Strategic Analysis of ASEAN Automotive Aftermarket
Entry of New Vehicles will Lead to Strong Market Growth
This study aims to research, analyze, and forecast the ASEAN automotive aftermarket by providing a 360-degree perspective on factors that influence and affect its growth, focusing on Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand for the period 2012–2018. It provides an overview of the aftermarket, analyzes vehicles in operation, parts, services, and distribution channels. The study also discusses original equipment services, regulatory influences on the market, and technology and consumer trends.
Key Conclusions and Future Outlook
ASEAN automotive aftermarket strongly positioned for high growth as millions of new vehicles enter the market
ASEAN Automotive Aftermarket
• High expected increase in vehicles in operation, from X million in 2012 to approximately X million in 2018, driving demand for a wide range of aftermarket parts and services.
• Demand for routine maintenance products such as filters, brake pads, and wiper blades to increase by more than X% annually to service the higher vehicle population.
• Much of the demand for aftermarket parts is being met by low-cost products imported from China, making it a difficult market for Western suppliers to penetrate.
• About X% of vehicle owners have their cars and light trucks serviced at independent repair facilities, with very few fast-fit service chains in the aftermarket.
• OEMs, particularly Japanese automakers, are strongly positioned for growth as average vehicle age declines and more drivers visit dealerships for parts and services.
• Sales of vehicle accessories such as in-dash navigation, electronics, and high-performance upgrades demonstrate strong growth among young driving population.
• Remanufacturers are successfully penetrating the ASEAN aftermarket, with recycled auto parts such as starters and alternators already capturing high shares.
• High inflation (X-X% annually) as thousands of new products enter the aftermarket, driving up parts prices and maintenance costs for ASEAN motorists.
Base Year: 2012
Study Period: 2012 to 2018
Forecast Period: 2013 to 2018, unless otherwise noted
Vehicle Type: Passenger cars and light commercial vehicles
Geographical Scope: Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia
Research Aim and Objectives
The aim of this study is to research, analyze, and forecast the ASEAN automotive aftermarket by providing a 360-degree perspective on factors that influence and affect its growth.
• To outline emerging trends, industry metrics, and transitional events that affect the aftermarket at present and in the future.
• To highlight areas where growth opportunities exist in the ever-evolving automotive aftermarket.
• To provide insights into a variety of topics beyond parts and service potential by investigating the impact of social, regulatory, legislative, political, and technological changes on the vehicle mix, product mix, product and service pricing, and promotion.
• To provide insights into technician skills and training, repair information, service locations, distribution, and logistics.
• To understand the direction of the industry on key issues.
• To provide recommendations to market participants that allow them to identify their position and how to best capitalize on the opportunities most relevant to the organization.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
How is the ASEAN automotive aftermarket expected to grow?
What are the business dynamics and factors that affect the growth of the aftermarket?
Which products and services will offer growth opportunities in future?
What does the competitive scenario look like, and what actions should market participants take to be successful?
What are the industry best practices and trends that companies can leverage to expand market share?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Scope, Objectives, Background and Methodology
3. Definitions and Segmentation
4. Market Overview
5. Vehicles in Operation Analysis
6. Parts Analysis
7. Service Analysis
8. Distribution Channel Analysis
9. OES Channel Analysis
10. Regulatory Influences
11. Technology Trends
12. Consumer Trends
13. Conclusions and Future Outlook
To order this report: Strategic Analysis of ASEAN Automotive Aftermarket
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.
2362 U.S. Hwy 11