Thursday, April 10 2014 3:13 PM EDT2014-04-10 19:13:00 GMT
A Columbia doctor charged with sexual battery has taken his own life. Dr. Martin Ugwudike was found dead in his home in the Canebrake subdivision near Hattiesburg just before noon. Ugwudike, who hasMore >>
A Columbia doctor charged with sexual battery has taken his own life. More >>
Saturday, April 19 2014 9:01 PM EDT2014-04-20 01:01:26 GMT
Dozens of Petal residents and members of nearly one dozen Native-American tribes from six Southeastern states are engaging in an exchange of cultures for the first time in the Friendly City this weekend.More >>
Members of the Choctaw, Creek, Cherokee and other tribes are taking part in the 12th annual Golden Eagle Pow Wow.More >>
You wouldn’t go out in the cold in only a sundress and sandals (you would freeze!), but are you doing as much as you can to protect your skin? It’s not only your wardrobe that needs to get swapped out for the season; your skin care routine needs a revamp for the winter too.
Between the cold dry air outdoors and the hot dry air indoors, skin definitely needs a little more TLC. Read on to find out how to winter-proof your skin care routine.
1. Prevent dry, flaky skin in the first place by plugging in a cool-mist humidifier at work and at home. It will keep the air -- and your skin -- hydrated.
2. Keep your showers short and warm -- not hot -- to keep skin healthy. Before you completely dry off, slather on a hydrating lotion to lock in moisture.
3. Don’t forget the SPF. You’re not off the hook from damage from the sun’s rays, no matter what the thermometer reads. Snow reflects the light, just like sand does, so make sure to use a daily facial lotion with an SPF of at least 15.
4. Invest in a rich hand cream. Between the cold, windy weather and frequent hand-washing to prevent colds and the flu, your hands are particularly vulnerable to damage. Find a hand cream that you love to use and apply it frequently.
5. A lip balm with a hint of color not only helps keep lips moisturized, but also brightens up your face in a single swipe.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.
2362 U.S. Hwy 11
Moselle, MS 39459
1-800-844-WDAM (9326) Email Us