Thursday, July 31 2014 11:45 PM EDT2014-08-01 03:45:13 GMT
Jasper County authorities have found the body of a man missing since last weekend. Sheriff Chris Sargent said a search team located the body of Ricky Page, 54, around 7 p.m. Thursday in his Ford pick-upMore >>
Sheriff Chris Sargent said a search team located the body of Ricky Page, 54, around 7 p.m. Thursday in his Ford pick-up truck in a wooded area off Highway 11 in Vossburg.More >>
Thursday, July 31 2014 5:37 PM EDT2014-07-31 21:37:09 GMT
An Ellisville man fell victim to an international scam after chatting with a woman from Africa on a dating site for six-months. The man was unaware that she was slowly gaining his confidence in orderMore >>
An Ellisville man fell victim to an international scam after chatting with a woman from Africa on a dating site for six-months.More >>
Friday, August 1 2014 1:12 PM EDT2014-08-01 17:12:18 GMT
A Hattiesburg man is now in custody and charged with aggravated domestic assault. Roger Holder was wanted in connection with a Tuesday incident at Greenbriar Apartments on McInnis Loop that sent a victimMore >>
A Hattiesburg man is now in custody and charged with aggravated domestic assault. Roger Holder was wanted in connection with a Tuesday incident at Greenbriar Apartments on McInnis Loop that sent a victim to a local hospital to be treated for her injuries.More >>
Thursday, July 31 2014 2:17 PM EDT2014-07-31 18:17:53 GMT
A Gulfport woman has been charged with uttering forgery after she allegedly deposited more than $16,000 worth of fraudulent money orders at Coastal Credit Union.More >>
A Gulfport woman has been charged with uttering forgery after she allegedly deposited more than $16,000 worth of fraudulent money orders at Coastal Credit Union. Biloxi Police Department Investigator Steve Schlicht said Cynthia Ann Brosh, 57, turned herself in to authorities Wednesday afternoon.More >>
Thursday, July 31 2014 2:38 PM EDT2014-07-31 18:38:38 GMT
The Evansville Police Department says a man is arrested after an attempted robbery early Tuesday morning. EPD says 50-year-old James Worthington is facing multiple charges after he attempted to rob aMore >>
EPD says 50-year-old James Worthington is facing multiple charges after he attempted to rob a customer at a west side gas station.
Owning a cat or dog is a joy, but like with most joyful things in life, taking care of them requires a bit of sacrifice. With the holidays fast approaching, you want to keep your pets in mind as you begin creating a festive atmosphere. Keeping your pet safe should be your main concern, as there may be hidden dangers lurking in your decoration box that can be harmful to your beloved animals. Plus, you want to keep your precious family keepsakes and expensive heirloom holiday decorations safe from curious pets. Follow these holiday safety guidelines to keep your pet safe this season.
Lights and Electrical
As any cat or dog owner knows, animals are prone to chewing things. Cats, in particular, can't resist attacking dangling cords and strings. Make sure your holiday lights and cords are out of your pet's reach. A cord protector or coating the wires with a chewing deterrent should also do the trick. Non-toxic, foul-tasting sprays are sold at most pet stores.
Pets love to be involved in whatever you're doing, so prepping your holiday lights may be difficult with a dog or cat sniffing around and swatting every bulb that comes out of the box. While you're unstringing and testing holiday lights, keep pets in a closed room or behind a safety gate.
The best thing you can do is to give your pet an acceptable alternative for chewing and playing. Make sure your dog has plenty of chew toys or other healthy chewables. To exhaust your cat's hunting instincts, have a daily play session with a toy on a string, or simply leave its favorite toys around the house.
Protect your pet by keeping lights and breakable ornaments on higher branches, and beware of climbing kitties. You don't want shattered ornaments littering the ground where your cat or dog can injure their paws. Tinsel is dangerous when ingested by animals, but if you love the sparkle, place it in out of reach locations. Finally, be sure to sweep up pine needles often, as they can damage your pets' intestines if swallowed.
Your favorite holiday items may be poisonous to your pet, so keep this checklist in mind when planning for the festivities.
Mistletoe: Ingesting small amounts of mistletoe can cause your pet to drool, vomit or have diarrhea, but ingesting large amounts can cause more serious complications.
Poinsettia: The milky sap of poinsettia plants -- a holiday favorite -- can also make your pet sick. While usually not life threatening, your pet may still have uncomfortable gastrointestinal issues.
Chocolate: Even a small amount of this tasty treat can be potentially fatal for dogs when ingested. Symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, increased heart rate and seizures.
Potpourri oils: Liquid potpourri and essential oils can harm your pets' stomach and skin, causing irritation and redness. Instead, opt for holiday-scented candles in cinnamon, peppermint, wintergreen and pine, placed in stable, out-of-reach locations.
Turkey and chicken bones: These can be choking hazards for dogs, so choose a healthy rawhide bone instead.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.
2362 U.S. Hwy 11
Moselle, MS 39459
1-800-844-WDAM (9326) Email Us