Two rounds of severe weather looks possible across the Pine Belt throughout Monday.
Starting Sunday night, a warm front will begin to lift north out of the Gulf of Mexico, and move across the Pine Belt. This will allow a lot of gulf moisture to filter into south Mississippi. As this humid air mass interacts with the warm front, we will likely see widespread rain form across the area.
It looks like this initial round of rain will occur between 10 PM Sunday night and 10 AM Monday morning. Severe weather is a possibility, with large hail being the main threat. Heavy rain will also be an issue with totals of 3" possible tomorrow morning.
We may see a short break in the activity before a cold front sweeps in from the west and provides another opportunity for severe weather.
The main time period for this second round of storms will be between 1 PM Monday afternoon through 10 PM Monday night. Once again, severe weather is a possibility. The main threat from this second round of storms will be damaging winds (upwards of 80 mph), large hail, and the threat of tornadoes.
The Storm Prediction Center has the entire Pine Belt under a slight risk of severe weather for Monday.
Once the cold front moves through Monday night, the severe weather threat will come to an end. After Monday, we are looking at an extended period of dry weather lasting through next weekend!
• On a desktop, laptop or tablet: www.wdam.com/weather
• On a cell phone www.wdamtogo.com
• Just radar on a regular cell phone: http://tinyurl.com/c6l7kna
• On an Android phone: http://tinyurl.com/74xh8dd
• On an iPhone: http://tinyurl.com/blknf2y
• On a Blackberry: http://tinyurl.com/cs5zltz
• Email: http://tinyurl.com/cw5vmxj
• Facebook alerts page: https://www.facebook.com/WDAMStorms
• Text message alerts: http://tinyurl.com/cw5vmxj
• All our weather Twitter accounts: https://twitter.com/wdam/wdam-weather
• Nick Ortego Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OrtegoNick
• Robert Whitehurst Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RobertWX
• Nick Ortego Twitter: http://twitter.com/wdamnickortego
• Robert Whitehurst Twitter: http://twitter.com/WDAMRobertW
• Rex Thompson Twitter: http://twitter.com/WDAMRex