Fire destroys Laurel home while owners away - WDAM-TV 7-News, Weather, Sports-Hattiesburg, MS

Fire destroys Laurel home while owners away

LAUREL, MS (WDAM) -

Around 10 a.m. on Friday firefighters in Laurel responded to a fully engulfed house on Airport Drive.

Fire officials said no one was home at the time of the fire; however, three cats were inside the home. One of the cats were rescued and taken to a local shelter, the others died before firefighters arrived.

Battalion Chief Joel Blackwell said the fire looks to have started in the kitchen around the stove area.

Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Raycom Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.