Friday, May 17 2013 11:23 PM EDT2013-05-18 03:23:44 GMT
A Hattiesburg High School senior will soon be on his way to the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. Parker Krag has received an appointment to the academy. He got his acceptance packet Friday morning.More >>
A Hattiesburg High School senior will soon be on his way to the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland.More >>
Wednesday, May 15 2013 10:08 AM EDT2013-05-15 14:08:44 GMT
ORLANDO (WFTV/CNN) – Hurricane season is almost here and the National Hurricane Center has released its annual list of storm names. The list alternates between boy and girl names. The list kicks off withMore >>
Hurricane season is almost here and the National Hurricane Center has released its annual list of storm names.More >>
Monday, May 13 2013 12:24 PM EDT2013-05-13 16:24:04 GMT
MARION COUNTY, MS (WDAM) - A weekend-long drug raid left 22 individuals behind bars, and more arrests to come. According to Marion County Sheriff Berkley Hall, the drug raid is the result of severalMore >>
A weekend-long drug raid left 22 individuals behind bars, and more arrests to come.More >>
Friday, May 17 2013 4:04 PM EDT2013-05-17 20:04:23 GMT
Grant Matheny with Arinder Logging says, "Used to it was all cut down by saws and pulled up with cable skidders. It's changed a lot but its still easy to get hurt if you don't pay attention." No betterMore >>
No better start to Pinebelt Tough than its own namesake. Agriculture is the number one Mississippi industry and forestry brought in more than $1.3 billion to the state in 2012. Our story begins with the loggers.More >>
South Korea says North Korea has fired three short-range guided missiles into its eastern waters. Pyongyang routinely test-launches such missiles.More >>
North Korea fired three short-range guided missiles into its eastern waters on Saturday, a South Korean official said. It routinely tests such missiles, but the latest launches came during a period of tentative diplomacy...More >>
These are the two things you need to know about curb appeal: You have seven to ten seconds to make a first impression; details make up the whole. Paying particular attention to details will ensure that the whole front view of your house makes a super first impression. This check list will provide you with a rubric of details to pay attention to when you are putting your house on the market.
1. Is the lawn trimmed and neat? Have brown patches in the grass been replaced or repaired?
2. Have all borders been edged?
3. Are trees and bushes neatly trimmed?
4. If your yard lacks trees and bushes, do you have plans to plant some?
5. Have you hidden unsightly features, like a central air conditioning unit, with green plants?
6. Have you removed all clutter and debris from your lawn and driveway?
1. Is your driveway cracked or chipped? If so, repave it.
2. Is your walkway in good repair? If you have a walkway made of bricks or pavers, weed in between the bricks or pavers, and replace any broken or chipped bricks or pavers. Be sure to edge around the front walk. For paver replacement inspiration, Artistic Paver Mfg., a concrete contractor in Miami who specializes in pavers, has posted some awesome pictures on Hometalk.com.
1. Does your house have a neutral, classic color scheme?
2. Is your paint fresh-looking, with no moldy, bubbled, or peeling spots? If not, you need the services of a professional painter.
3. Your inside window treatments are visible from the outside. Do they match? Are they neat-looking and in good repair?
4. Have you installed shutters next to your windows? Adding matching, attractive shutters is a classic way to improve curb appeal.
1. Is your front door new-looking? If not, replace it with a new door.
2. Update front door hardware with shiny, new hardware. Make sure that the hardware is consistent with the style and period of your house.
3. Is your mail box attractive? If not, replace it with a modern and attractive mail box.
4. Are your house numbers prominent? New, bold, attractive house numbers are a detail that improve curb appeal.
5. How do your exterior light fixtures look? Up-to-date, fashionable exterior light fixtures are attractive to buyers.