• Murray completed 30-of-38 passes for a career-high 427 yards and four touchdowns with no interceptions in Georgia's 29-24 win at Kentucky.
• The 78.95 completion percentage against the Wildcats is a Georgia single-game record and his 30 completions were a career-best.
• The 427 yards were fourth-highest in school history and second best in the SEC this season.
• Murray is now Georgia's career leader in touchdown passes (75), which is tied for ninth in SEC history.
• He is the SEC active leader in five different categories and is third in the NCAA FBS in career pass efficiency rating (154.02).
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-2 • 245 • Jr. • Suwanee, Ga.
• Minter led the Tigers with 12 tackles, including a sack (-7 yards), an interception, one pass deflection and two quarterback pressures in LSU's 24-19 win at Texas A&M.
• He led a Tiger defense that held the Aggies - the SEC's top scoring offense - to 28 points below their season average. Tigers also held the SEC's leading rusher - QB Johnny Manziel - to just 27 yards on 17 attempts and no touchdowns for the first time this season.
• Minter's 3rd quarter interception halted an A&M drive in LSU territory.
• For the game, the Tiger defense forced five turnovers (three interceptions and two fumbles).
SEC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-2 • 199 • So. • Brownsburg, Ind.
• Christy set a Gator single-game record, averaging 54.3 yards on seven punts, in Florida's 44-11 win against South Carolina.
• Six of his punts were for more than 50 yards, including a season-long 62 yarder and had one punt inside the 20-yard line.
• The 62-yard punt marked the third time in his career Christy has had a punt for more than 60 yards. Overall, he owns 24 punts over 50 yards in just two seasons for the Gators.
• Christy leads the nation and the SEC in punting average with a 47.49 average this season. The Gators also lead the nation in net punting, averaging 44.24 yards per attempt.
SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-4 • 305 • So. • Hendersonville, Tenn.
• Enjoying the second start of his career, Townsend had 10 knockdown blocks in Vanderbilt's 17-13 win against Auburn.
• He also had four key blocks that led to either touchdowns or first downs for the Commodores.
• Townsend topped the Vanderbilt offensive line corps with a 88 percent performance grade and 97 percent effort grade.
• His performance helped senior Zac Stacy set the team's all-time rushing yardage record during a 169-yard effort. The Commodores rushed for 209 yards and a pair of scores against Auburn.
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-4 • 250 • Jr. • Rowlett, Texas
• Moore led Texas A&M with 10 total tackles, including eight solo stops, with two for losses (-4 yards), including a sack, a pass deflection and a quarterback pressure in the Aggies' 24-19 loss to LSU.
• Outside of LSU's three touchdown plays (combined 96 yards), the Aggie defense gave up 220 yards on 71 plays.
• Moore leads the NCAA FBS in tackles for loss (2.43 per game) and sacks (1.36 per game) this season.
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
6-1 • 198 • Miami, Fla.
• Cooper set an Alabama freshman receiving record with 162 yards on seven receptions and two touchdowns in the Tide's 44-13 win at Tennessee.
• He scored the first touchdown of the game on a 23-yard pass and added a 42-yard TD catch in the third quarter.
• Cooper leads the Tide in receiving yards (425), touchdown catches (5) and receptions (28).
• Cooper's 15.18 yards per catch this season is third among all freshman in NCAA FBS.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 8
QB A.J. McCARRON (Alabama) -- Completed 17-of-22 passes for a career-high 306 yards with four TDs and no interceptions against Tennessee.
LB CASSANOVA McKINZY (Auburn) -- In his first career start, tied for team-high 12 tackles with a forced fumble and fumble recovery against Vanderbilt.
CB LOUCHEIZ PURIFOY (Florida) -- Had three tackles, including one for a loss, and two forced fumbles against South Carolina.
ILB ALEC OGLETREE (Georgia) -- Recorded team-high 11 tackles, with one for a loss, against Kentucky.
P LANDON FOSTER (Kentucky) -- Punted six times against Georgia for 44.5 yard average with three inside the 20-yard line.
RB JEREMY HILL (LSU) -- True freshman rushed for career-high 127 yards and a touchdown at Texas A&M.
QB TYLER RUSSELL (Mississippi State) -- Completed 17-of-21 passes for 191 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions against Middle Tennessee.
CB JOHNTHAN BANKS (Mississippi State) -- Tied for team-lead with eight tackles with an interception and two pass deflections against Middle Tennessee.
SPUR DeVONTE HOLLOMAN (South Carolina) -- Recorded eight tackles, including five solo stops, with two for losses,including a sack, against Florida.
P/PK MICHAEL PALARDY (Tennessee) -- Converted both field goals attempts (32 & 31 yards), averaged 48.2 yards on five punts and had two touchbacks on kickoffs against Alabama.
RB ZAC STACY (Vanderbilt) -- Rushed for 169 yards on 27 carries and a touchdown against Auburn. With the effort, became Vandy's all-time career rushing yardage leader with 2,670 yards.