HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM) - THE FOLLOWING IS A PRESS RELEASE FROM FORREST GENERAL HOSPITAL
Thousands of employees, visitors, patients and family members come and go at Forrest General every day, which makes parking space a valuable commodity. Beginning October 1, Forrest General is continuing its efforts to create a positive experience for visitors and employees with an additional parking garage featuring more than 1,000 new spaces!
Forrest General offers several parking options for patients and visitors, including both ground level parking lots and parking garages. Directional signage is being placed around the parking lot and Forrest General's Public Safety officers patrol regularly and are available for assistance, if needed.
For Patients and Visitors:
Adeline Parking Garage (located on the south side of the hospital along Gordon's Creek)
The newest parking facility at Forrest General; available for patients, visitors and employees:
- 1,024 new spaces on five levels!
- 18 ADA spaces and 3 ADA van accessible spaces on Level 1, as well as a few reserved spaces for motorcycle parking.
- Four entrances and two connector bridges on two levels between this and the 28th Avenue Parking Garage.
- Level 4 in this garage is reserved for patients and visitors (no staff parking), so that they can access the Pedestrian Bridge.
- Three elevators that transport to all 5 levels of the garage.
- Open air Pedestrian Bridge connects the 4th level of the Adeline Parking Garage with the lobby on the third floor of the main hospital building.
- If you are not using the Pedestrian Bridge, those parking in this garage may use the walkways across Gordon's Creek to access the front entrance sidewalk.
Front Entrance Parking Lot (located off Highway 49)
- This lot is only for patients and visitors and is great for visitors who will only be at the hospital for a short time.
- Reserved ADA spaces for handicapped individuals and several reserved spaces for visiting clergy members.
- Convenient to the cafeteria, gift shop, front lobby and for visiting all patient rooms.
28th Avenue Parking Garage (located at Outpatient Registration Lobby)
- Reserved for patients and visitors
- Three levels of parking with reserved ADA spaces for handicapped individuals on each level.
- Level 1 convenient to: outpatient registration area, medical records and other first floor areas.
- Level 2 convenient to: surgery and ICU/CCU waiting rooms on the second floor.
- Top level: reserved for those visiting or receiving care at The Family Birthplace, which is on the 4th floor of the hospital.
- Please note that there is no direct access from the parking garage to the 3rd floor of the hospital.
Central Parking Lot (adjacent to 28th Avenue Parking Garage on the corner of 28th Avenue and Adeline Street)