How to get a blue tarp for Isaac damage

HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM) - If you need a blue plastic tarp to block leaks and prevent further damage left behind by Hurricane Isaac and can't quite afford it, you can call the American Red Cross.

"If it's a big area, or if they feel like that they they're not comfortable with buying the tarp or something like that, we are asking them to contact the Red Cross," said Forrest County Emergency Operations Manager Kyle Hopkins. "The Red Cross will then come out and do a damage assessment of the home and they'll look and they'll take a claim down and they'll determine what kind of damage is done and what kind of needs to be done to fix that. Now if they feel like that that resident needs a blue tarp, because a blue tarp is really big - they're 25 by 20, they would contact us and we would be able to get that to the proper person."

Local Red Cross chapters:

Biloxi Office {MAP}: 2782 Fernwood, Biloxi MS 39531; 228-896-4511; fax: 228-896-7000
Hattiesburg Office {MAP}: 606 Hutchinson Avenue, Hattiesburg, MS 39401; 601-582-8151