Lightning sparks fire on JCJC campus - WDAM-TV 7-News, Weather, Sports-Hattiesburg, MS

Lightning sparks fire on JCJC campus

JONES COUNTY, MS (WDAM) -

A lightning strike caused an electrical fire in the mechanical room of the Neil Student Center on the JCJC campus.

The act of nature happened a little after 4:00pm Thursday. The main breaker to the student center was damaged, which houses the cafeteria and bookstore. School officials say the cafeteria is closed to the public until at least August 15. The bookstore is scheduled to open no later than August 13. Power is expected to be restored within the next few days. All other campus operations will continue as scheduled.

Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by Frankly