Sandersville family loses everything in house fire

SANDERSVILLE, MS (WDAM) - A Sanderville couple and their three young children lost everything after a fire destroyed their home late Monday night.

The Jones County Fire Council said volunteer firefighters from three units found the house, located on Wheeler Dr., already engulfed in flames.

Bridget Hand said her family noticed the lights began to flicker. Her husband, Michael, noticed smoke was coming out of their daughter's bedroom. When he entered the room, the hot water heater was on fire.

Michael Hand had to be hospitalized for mild smoke inhalation.

Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.