Hattiesburg Fire Department get new thermal imagers - WDAM-TV 7-News, Weather, Sports-Hattiesburg, MS

Hattiesburg Fire Department get new thermal imagers

HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM) -

The Hattiesburg Fire Department has received 14 new thermal imager cameras thanks to a Assistance to Firefighters grant.

The equipment includes 13 hand held Bullard thermal imager cameras and one full size camera. The hand held cameras will be easier for firefighters to carry enabling them to find victims or hidden fire more quickly. The full size camera transmits images to another unit that will allow the incident commander an inside view of the fire.

The purchase price of the imagers was $88,500. The grant paid for 90% of the cost with the city picking up the other 10%.

With the addition of the new equipment, the department now has a total of 20 thermal imagers in service.

Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.

  • Local NewsLOCALMore>>

  • Family of slain Laurel teen speaks out

    Family of slain Laurel teen speaks out

    Tuesday, May 22 2018 11:48 PM EDT2018-05-23 03:48:40 GMT
    source: facebooksource: facebook
    source: facebooksource: facebook

    The mother of 18-year-old Addie May, who was killed early Saturday morning in a drive-by shooting, collected her daughter's diploma during her graduation from Laurel High School Tuesday night. Her father, Kevin May, says his daughter was in the wrong place at the wrong time. "As a father, I just want people to know that my daughter is gone but she will never be forgotten," says Kevin May. "We're going to keep her name uplifted like she's still with us because she...

    More >>

    The mother of 18-year-old Addie May, who was killed early Saturday morning in a drive-by shooting, collected her daughter's diploma during her graduation from Laurel High School Tuesday night. Her father, Kevin May, says his daughter was in the wrong place at the wrong time. "As a father, I just want people to know that my daughter is gone but she will never be forgotten," says Kevin May. "We're going to keep her name uplifted like she's still with us because she...

    More >>
  • Waiting on Justice: Pretrial detention in Mississippi

    Tuesday, May 22 2018 11:27 PM EDT2018-05-23 03:27:19 GMT
    Innocent until proven guilty, but for thousands of pretrial detainees currently in county jails across Mississippi, it can seem the other way around. (Photo source: WDAM)Innocent until proven guilty, but for thousands of pretrial detainees currently in county jails across Mississippi, it can seem the other way around. (Photo source: WDAM)

    Innocent until proven guilty, but for thousands of pretrial detainees currently in county jails across Mississippi, it can seem the other way around. "In our constitution, we're not guilty until proven guilty or they plead guilty," said circuit judge    "Pretrial detention is a problem set across the state of Mississippi,"  it's not a new problem, defendants sitting in jails waiting for their cases to make it through the court system. a list of pi...

    More >>

    Innocent until proven guilty, but for thousands of pretrial detainees currently in county jails across Mississippi, it can seem the other way around. "In our constitution, we're not guilty until proven guilty or they plead guilty," said circuit judge    "Pretrial detention is a problem set across the state of Mississippi,"  it's not a new problem, defendants sitting in jails waiting for their cases to make it through the court system. a list of pi...

    More >>
  • Hattiesburg voters approve bond renewal for HPSD

    Hattiesburg voters approve bond renewal for HPSD

    Tuesday, May 22 2018 11:16 PM EDT2018-05-23 03:16:21 GMT
    City officials are asking Hattiesburg residents to approve a bond renewal to improve aging school facilities. (Photo source: WDAM)City officials are asking Hattiesburg residents to approve a bond renewal to improve aging school facilities. (Photo source: WDAM)

    Tuesday is a big day for the Hattiesburg Public School District. Hattiesburg residents will head to the polls bright and early to vote in a special election to approve or reject a bond renewal.

    More >>

    Tuesday is a big day for the Hattiesburg Public School District. Hattiesburg residents will head to the polls bright and early to vote in a special election to approve or reject a bond renewal.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly