Sandersville family barely escapes burning mobile home - WDAM-TV 7-News, Weather, Sports-Hattiesburg, MS

Sandersville family barely escapes burning mobile home

Firefighters enter the burned out mobile home Firefighters enter the burned out mobile home
SANDERSVILLE, MS (WDAM) -

A Sandersville family of six barely escaped an early Tuesday morning mobile home fire.

Quanna Cooley and her five children were sleeping when the fire broke out in one of the bedrooms. Cooley was awakened shortly after midnight by the sound of her three younger children screaming. Her four year old son had discovered the fire when he said he felt something hot on his back.

Cooley grabbed her infant and woke up the rest of the family and told them to get out of the home. They barely made out the front door before flames engulfed the trailer. Fortunately no one was injured in the blaze.

Investigators say an electric space heater was responsible for the fire.

Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Raycom Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.