Rain drove last week's inaugural festivities indoors, but Mississippians have another chance to celebrate as Governor Phil Bryant's Inaugural Parade rolls through downtown Jackson this Saturday.
The parade, which begins at 12 p.m. at Amite and State streets, is free and open to the public.
"I am so excited about the opportunity to celebrate this great time with the people of Mississippi," Gov. Phil Bryant said. "I'm looking forward to seeing families and communities come together to enjoy a great afternoon."
More than 40 organizations will participate in the parade, and bands from high schools, community colleges and universities around the state will entertain crowds. Five of those bands will highlight the story of Bryant's life.
The band from lead school Mississippi Delta Community College represents Bryant's hometown and is followed by representation from his time at Hillcrest Academy, Hinds Community College and the University of Southern Mississippi. Bryant's children, Patrick and Katie, are represented by Northwest Rankin High School.
The musical lineup includes:
- Mississippi Delta Community College, Moorhead
- Hillcrest Academy, Jackson
- Hinds Community College, Pearl
- University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg
- Northwest Rankin High School, Brandon
- Callaway High School, Jackson
- Corinth High School, Corinth
- DeSoto Central High School, Southaven
- East Mississippi Community College, Scooba
- Forest Hill High School, Jackson
- Jackson State University, Jackson
- Jim Hill High School, Jackson
- Lake High School, Lake
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, Perkinston
- Murrah High School, Jackson
- Oak Grove High School, Hattiesburg
- Provine High School, Jackson
- Richland High School, Richland
- Saltillo High School, Saltillo
- South Jones High School, Ellisville
- University of Mississippi, Oxford