Wildlife expert, Jules Sylvester says one of the most poisonous spiders in America is the Brown Recluse. Its ferocious bite begins with a mere pinprick which can evolve into something positively horrific.
This excerpt from Ohio State University's Brown Recluse Fact Sheet describes the spider's bite in grisly detail:
Initially, the bite may feel like a pinprick or go unnoticed. Some may not be aware of the bite for 2 to 8 hours. Others feel a stinging sensation followed by intense pain. Infrequently, some victims experience general systemic reactions that may include restlessness, generalized itching, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or shock. A small white blister usually initially rises at the bite site surrounded by a swollen area. The affected area enlarges and becomes red, and the tissue is hard to the touch for some time. The lesion from a brown recluse spider bite is a dry, blue-gray or blue-white, irregular sinking patch with ragged edges and surrounding redness--termed the "red, white, and blue sign." The lesion usually is 1½ inches by 2¾ inches or smaller.
If you are bitten, have the following information ready for your doctor: Age of the victim, bite time, weight and condition of the victim, place and spot where the bite occurred and of course the type of spider.
Don't be victimized by this venomous little arachnid. Click the link on how to avoid the Brown Recluse. The skin you save may be your own!
Copyright 2011 America Now. All rights reserved.
2362 U.S. Hwy 11