For some, it may be hard to believe that nine years have passed since Hurricane Katrina made landfall and left major devastation in Louisiana and Mississippi. Most people will never forget where theyMore >>
Friday marks nine years since Hurricane Katrina made landfall, causing major devastation in Louisiana and Mississippi.More >>
Monday, September 1 2014 4:32 PM EDT2014-09-01 20:32:40 GMT
There's an ongoing search for Jones County resident Ashley Clark, 31. According to the Jones County Sheriff's Department they received a call at around 7 a.m. Monday about a missing person. VolunteersMore >>
A Jones County resident that was missing since Sunday morning was found dead around 12 p.m. Monday. More >>
Monday, September 1 2014 10:17 PM EDT2014-09-02 02:17:45 GMT
Marion County authorities have taken Jerry Page into custody after a Monday afternoon manhunt. Page was wanted in connection to a morning death investigation in the Bunker Hill area. According to SheriffMore >>
A Monday afternoon manhunt has ended with a suspect in custody.More >>
Got an hour or two to get beautiful in the morning before you head to work? Of course you don’t! But with some savvy planning and smart product choices, you can leave home looking polished and near perfect -- even when you’re slipping your shoes on as you head out the door.More >>
Got an hour or two to get beautiful in the morning before you head to work? Of course you don’t! But with some savvy planning and smart product choices, you can leave home looking polished and near perfect -- even when you’re slipping your shoes on as you head out the door. More >>
There's nothing like high temps, sun and humidity to make morning's perfectly made-up face look like a melted mess just a few hours later. But with these steps, you'll be sure to look fresh, pretty and put-together -- no matter what summer has in store.
1. Start by prepping the T-zone with a light antiperspirant product. (Use one that comes in a wipe.) Sweep lightly along your forehead, nose and chin. These are usually the first places your face perspires and starts to break down makeup.
2. Next, apply a lightweight primer. The primer will give the makeup a layer to grip.
3. Apply a lightweight foundation/tinted moisturizer with SPF. Use a brush or damp sponge to achieve a smooth, sheer finish.
4. Apply a waterproof or long-wear gel or liquid eyeliner. You can find a wide range of these at all price points. Choose a few in basic colors -- like brown, black and navy -- that you'll wear daily. Pick up a couple of trendy shades, like green or purple, at the drugstore.
5. Add a few coats of waterproof mascara. Pick a formula that is multipurpose: lengthening, thickening and, if you need it, curling.
6. For cheek color, apply a light layer of a gel or liquid blush.
7. Lips should have a coat of long-wear lip stain with a bit of shine.
8. Finish with a few spritzes of a makeup-setting spray. The setting spray will lock in all the makeup and fight against melting and smudging.
Risi-Leanne Baranjais the author of the Palacinka Beauty Blog, which helps take the guesswork out of buying beauty products.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.
2362 U.S. Hwy 11
Moselle, MS 39459
1-800-844-WDAM (9326) Email Us