Fire damages home in Glade Community - WDAM-TV 7-News, Weather, Sports-Hattiesburg, MS

Fire damages home in Glade Community

By Jeff Daley jdaley@wdam.com

GLADE MS, (WDAM) - A home on Dairy Road in the Glade Community was heavily damaged by fire Saturday afternoon.

The fire apparently started in the attic. When firefighters from the Glade arrived on the scene flames and smoke were visible in the attic of the single story home.

Volunteer units from Powers and M & M were called in to assist. The fire was extinguished quickly, but not before severe damage was caused to the attic and smoke and water damage to the rest of the home.

No one was inside the home at the time of the fire and no firefighter was injured fighting the blaze.

The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.

Copyright 2011 WDAM. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly