Two charged in infant's death in Jones County - WDAM-TV 7-News, Weather, Sports-Hattiesburg, MS

Two charged in infant's death in Jones County

JONES COUNTY, MS (WDAM) - A Jones County mother and her boyfriend are expected to make their initial court appearance Tuesday morning on charges of capital murder and negligence in the death of a 2-year-old toddler. 

Victoria Viner died at a Jackson hospital August 13, two days after she was taken to South Central Regional Medical Center in Laurel with unknown injuries. 

An autopsy indicates the baby died as a result of blunt force trauma to the head.

Justin Blakeney is charged with capital murder and Lydia Guadalupe Ruiz Viner is charged with felony child abuse and neglect.

Copyright 2010 WDAM. All rights reserved.

 

  • Local NewsLOCALMore>>

  • Dozier presented to key to the City of Hattiesburg

    Dozier presented to key to the City of Hattiesburg

  • Fire safety tips for Christmas season

    Fire safety tips for Christmas season

  • Fire safety tips for Christmas season

    Fire safety tips for Christmas season

    Thursday, December 14 2017 7:38 PM EST2017-12-15 00:38:32 GMT
    Photo credit: WDAMPhoto credit: WDAM

    Winter months are some of the busiest for firefighters, and not just because of the cold temperatures. “This time of the year, December, January and February, statistically nationwide we have more structure fires than any other point in the year,” said Hattiesburg Fire Marshal Stephen Mooney. In the recent weeks, Hattiesburg firefighters responded to five house fires, with the latest one on Monday, being caused by an extension cord. “Extension cords are a hug...

    More >>

    Winter months are some of the busiest for firefighters, and not just because of the cold temperatures. “This time of the year, December, January and February, statistically nationwide we have more structure fires than any other point in the year,” said Hattiesburg Fire Marshal Stephen Mooney. In the recent weeks, Hattiesburg firefighters responded to five house fires, with the latest one on Monday, being caused by an extension cord. “Extension cords are a hug...

    More >>
Powered by Frankly