Southern Miss holds dedication for Century Park - WDAM-TV 7-News, Weather, Sports-Hattiesburg, MS

Southern Miss holds dedication for Century Park

By Karrie Leggett

HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM)- University of Southern Mississippi officials, students, and city leaders were present for the dedication of Century Park.

Century Park is the university's newest living and learning housing for freshman students. The $37.7 million facility is the largest in the school's history.

Century Park will become the first residential community in the state to be certified by the U.S. Green Building Council for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design.

President Martha Saunders, Student Government President Kasey Mitchell and Vice President of Student Affairs, Dr. Joe Paul, were all speakers for the ceremony.

  • Local NewsLOCALMore>>

  • Dozier presented to key to the City of Hattiesburg

    Dozier presented to key to the City of Hattiesburg

  • Fire safety tips for Christmas season

    Fire safety tips for Christmas season

  • Fire safety tips for Christmas season

    Fire safety tips for Christmas season

    Thursday, December 14 2017 7:38 PM EST2017-12-15 00:38:32 GMT
    Photo credit: WDAMPhoto credit: WDAM

    Winter months are some of the busiest for firefighters, and not just because of the cold temperatures. “This time of the year, December, January and February, statistically nationwide we have more structure fires than any other point in the year,” said Hattiesburg Fire Marshal Stephen Mooney. In the recent weeks, Hattiesburg firefighters responded to five house fires, with the latest one on Monday, being caused by an extension cord. “Extension cords are a hug...

    More >>

    Winter months are some of the busiest for firefighters, and not just because of the cold temperatures. “This time of the year, December, January and February, statistically nationwide we have more structure fires than any other point in the year,” said Hattiesburg Fire Marshal Stephen Mooney. In the recent weeks, Hattiesburg firefighters responded to five house fires, with the latest one on Monday, being caused by an extension cord. “Extension cords are a hug...

    More >>
Powered by Frankly