Students tour PRCC Allied Health classes - WDAM-TV 7-News, Weather, Sports-Hattiesburg, MS

Students tour PRCC Allied Health classes

HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM) - Hundreds of high school students spent their morning at Pearl River Community College in Hattiesburg getting a hands-on look at various careers in the medical field. 

An "Allied Health Tour Day" brought students from 12 area schools to the campus.

Most are already taking allied health courses in their schools.   

They learned more about occupational health, radiology, respiratory health, nursing and other fields.

About 260 students took part in the tour.

©2010 WDAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

 

 

  • Local NewsLOCALMore>>

  • Dozier presented to key to the City of Hattiesburg

    Dozier presented to key to the City of Hattiesburg

  • Fire safety tips for Christmas season

    Fire safety tips for Christmas season

  • Fire safety tips for Christmas season

    Fire safety tips for Christmas season

    Thursday, December 14 2017 7:38 PM EST2017-12-15 00:38:32 GMT
    Photo credit: WDAMPhoto credit: WDAM

    Winter months are some of the busiest for firefighters, and not just because of the cold temperatures. “This time of the year, December, January and February, statistically nationwide we have more structure fires than any other point in the year,” said Hattiesburg Fire Marshal Stephen Mooney. In the recent weeks, Hattiesburg firefighters responded to five house fires, with the latest one on Monday, being caused by an extension cord. “Extension cords are a hug...

    More >>

    Winter months are some of the busiest for firefighters, and not just because of the cold temperatures. “This time of the year, December, January and February, statistically nationwide we have more structure fires than any other point in the year,” said Hattiesburg Fire Marshal Stephen Mooney. In the recent weeks, Hattiesburg firefighters responded to five house fires, with the latest one on Monday, being caused by an extension cord. “Extension cords are a hug...

    More >>
Powered by Frankly