Early morning fire destroys Myrick home

By Jeff Daley – email

MYRICK, MS (WDAM) - An early Tuesday morning fire destroyed a mobile home in the Myrick community.

The fire was reported at about 1:45 a.m. at a home in the 200 block of Walt Culpepper Road.

Firefighters from M&M, Powers, and Glade responded to the scene and found the home completely engulfed in flames.

In addition to fighting heavy fire conditions, the firefighters had to contend with live downed power lines and a residential propane tank located close to the home which required cooling down with water streams from fire hoses.

No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries to firefighters were reported.

The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.

Copyright 2010 WDAM. All rights reserved.