Perry County mobile home fire injures two - WDAM-TV 7-News, Weather, Sports-Hattiesburg, MS

Perry County mobile home fire injures two

By Jeff Daley – email

PERRY COUNTY, MS (WDAM) - Two people were injured in a fire that completely destroyed a mobile home in Perry County near Ovett early Thursday morning.

Runnelstown and Ovett firefighters responded to a home on Holliman Road at around 9:00 a.m. and found the home completely engulfed in flames.

The identified home owner and her ex-husband were in the home at the time of the fire and escaped with minor injuries. The woman was transported to a local hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. The other victim was treated at the scene for minor burns to the face.

Fire officials say the fire was apparently started in a window unit air conditioner that was plugged into an overloaded socket.

It took the firefighters a little over an hour to extinguish the blaze. 

No firefighters were injured fighting the blaze.

 

 

Copyright 2010 WDAM. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly