By Jeff Daley – email
LAUREL, MS. (WDAM) - Both burn victims injured in a propane explosion Friday night are now listed in stable condition at a burn center in Brandon.
Sixty four year old Bill Ray Herrington of Laurel and his son in law, 33 year old Tommy Sharp of Ponchatoula, La. were injured when a camper trailer recently purchased by Herrington exploded with both of them inside.
Family members say Herrington bought the trailer a week ago and his son in law came to look at it. He too was interested in buying a FEMA trailer.
Fire officials say the flash fire was caused by a propane tank leak.
Herrington is on a ventilator with second and third degree burns over 35% of his body. Sharp suffered first and second degree burns over 20% of his body.
Neither of the men have insurance so an account has been set up in their names at Regions bank. Donations can be dropped off at any of the banks branches or a donation can mailed to 67 Walt Culpepper Road, Laurel, Ms. 39443.
Copyright 2010 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Several graduates of The University of Southern Mississippi’s School of Library and Information Science master’s degree program (MLIS) recently earned recognition for their work, were published or took on new roles in their field.More >>
Campbell Klein will be the featured running back for Sacred Heart this season. But no matter how many yards and touchdowns he accumulates, Klein doesn't forget the guys up front who make it all possible.More >>
Juanita Wise of Hattiesburg recently visited the Mississippi Armed Forces Museum at Camp Shelby to view a new exhibit about her father, Joseph Megehee.More >>