LAUREL, MS (WDAM) - A Laurel man remains in critical condition after a FEMA travel trailer he recently bought allegedly exploded Friday.
Billy Ray Herrington, 64, of Laurel and his son-in-law, Tommy Sharp, 33, of Ponchatoula, La., were injured Friday night when their camper trailer allegedly exploded.
Family members said Herrington bought the trailer a week ago, and the son-in-law came over to look at it. He too was interested in buying a FEMA trailer.
Fire officials said the flash fire was caused by a propane tank leak.
Herrington is on a ventilator with second and third-degree burns over 35 percent of his body, while Sharp has first and second-degree burns over 20 percent of his body.
They are both at a burn center in Brandon.