HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM) - The body of a Hattiesburg soldier killed in Iraq will be returned home tomorrow.
A military plane carrying the body of Army Sgt. Anthony Magee, 29, is expected to arrive at the Hattiesburg-Laurel regional airport at 7:22 a.m. Friday.
The route to the funeral home is as follows:
- I-59 S to Evelyn Gandy Parkway
- Evelyn Gandy Parkway to Glendale Ave.
- Glendale Ave. to Hwy 42 bypass
- 42 bypass to Providence St.
- Providence St. to West 7th St.
- W. 7th to North St.
- North St. to W. 4th St.
- 4th St. to Stadium Dr.
- Stadium Dr. to Miller St/.
- Miller St. to Hutchinson
- Hutchinson St. to Hardy St.
- Hardy St. to 2nd Ave.
- 2nd Ave. to Southern Ave.
- Southern Ave. to Bay St.
- Bay St. to Hall (Arrive at Hall's-Fairley Mortuary)
Magee graduated from Hattiesburg High in 1999.
Magee died last week from injuries he received nearly two weeks ago when a missile struck his barracks.
Visitation for Magee will be held Friday from 6-8 p.m. at Hall's Mortuary in Hattiesburg with the funeral scheduled for 1 p.m. Saturday at Shady Grove Baptist Church.
Magee will be buried with full military honors at Venia Park Cemetery on Highway 84 west in Collins.
Thursday night, classmates will hold a candlelight vigil at the home of Magee's parents, Tony and Patricia Davis, at 145 Courtland Drive in the Trace Subdivision of Lamar County.