MOSELLE, MS (WDAM) - Here are some of the stories we are working on today (March 29).
- Mississippi legislators passed a bill that would restructure chronically low-performing schools.
- U.S. Congressman Gregg Harper is speaking to Bassfield students.
- The murder trial of Johnny Ray Sims begins in Jeff Davis County. He is accused of raping and stabbing his neighbor's seven year old grandchild in 2006.
- A man was stabbed to death during an altercation in State Line, Mississippi.
-A Laurel police officer shoots subject to death.
- Tuesday is the big centennial celebration for USM. We'll have a preview of the day's activities and what you can expect. We will be live from the campus of USM for our 5 & 6 newscasts.
Copyright 2010 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Jeff the wallaby is still hopping around Hattiesburg. The marsupial went missing on March 13 from his owner’s backyard. “I think he got scared, because he hadn’t seen me,” said owner Logan Whitehead who talked to WDAM during his vacation at Walt Disney World. “They are very attached to their owners.” While Whitehead and his family were in Florida, Jeff the Joey as his owner fondly calls him, hopped away from his habitat. Whitehead was ...More >>
The Farmers Market will return to downtown Hattiesburg Thursday. This is the 15th year of the market, traditionally held at Town Square Park. "We’re super excited," said Monicah Brumfield, director of the Farmers Market. "It’s looking great, we should have anywhere from 30 to 40 vendors on our first day. We’re going to have Cary Hudson performing for us. We’re just super excited to be back." The market will be open on Thursd...More >>
Jones County Junior College suffered through a scoreless stretch at one of the worst possible times Wednesday afternoon. The fourth-ranked Lady Bobcats failed to score over the final 5 minutes, 4 seconds, of its second-round game with No. 20 Trinity Valley, falling78-69 to the Lady Cardinals in the National Junior College Athletic Association’s Women’s Basketball Championship at Rip Griffin Center.More >>