LAUREL,MS (WDAM) - A Laurel family lost everything shortly before lunch on Friday when their home went up in flames.
Around 10:30 Friday morning a home on South 24th Avenue caught fire.
Fire Chief Jimmy Bunch said the fire started in the laundry room and spread into the attic. Bunch said the fire spread throughout the attic causing smoke,fire, and water damage to the entire home. The family was home at time of the fire but escaped without injures.
Copyright 2010 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Senior forward Jayla King and junior Megan Brown each posted a double-double Friday night as the University of Southern Mississippi ran away from Sam Houston State University 58-38 at Green Coliseum.More >>
Hattiesburg police are investigating an “accidental” death at the Midtown construction site off Hardy St. near the USM campus. Officials confirm a 45-year-old construction worker has died.More >>
If it were up to Mississippi’s high school football all-stars, they likely would suggest that every meeting with its Alabama counterparts take place at M.M. Roberts Stadium on the University of Southern Mississippi campus.More >>
"Net neutrality" regulations, designed to prevent internet service providers like Verizon, AT&T, Comcast and Charter from favoring some sites and apps over others, are on the chopping block.More >>