Homeowner remains hospitalized - WDAM-TV 7-News, Weather, Sports-Hattiesburg, MS

Moselle

Homeowner remains hospitalized

MOSELLE, MS (WDAM) - A Jones County man remains hospitalized in Georgia after being seriously burned in a house fire Thursday morning. It happened around 7:00 on Tower Road in Moselle.

Authorities say the unidentified man was apparently trying to start a wood stove heater with diesel when it exploded, setting his clothes and home on fire. A relative who was in the home at the time pulled him out to safety.

The victim suffered burns over 80-percent of his body. He was transported to Forrest General Hospital and then air-lifted to a burn unit in Georgia.

His condition is listed as critical and life-threatening. The relative was also injured and was treated at the scene by paramedics.

Firefighters from Union, Moselle, Ovett, and Ellisville fought the blaze for nearly 2 hours. The home was a total loss.

©2009 WDAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

 

 

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Raycom Media. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.